Acoustic Emissions FAQs
The following is a list of frequently asked questions - click on the link to view the solution:
- How does Acoustic Emission (AE) compare with Vibration?
- Is it the same as other manufacturer's high frequency or AE type measurements?
- How can Distress® know the difference between good and bad if it has no history, speed or design data to refer to?
- How important is the positioning and orientation of the sensor?
- How do I know I haven't got cross-talk from adjacent machines?
- Can the MHC distinguish between activity from two bearings sharing the same housing?
- What speed of rotation can it be used down / up to?
- Why are our MHC instruments so cost-effective?
- If the MHC instruments work at 100kHz and reject low frequencies, how can they produce an audible output?
- How reliable is a measurement made with the MHC instrument?
- How repeatable are AE measurements?
- Can AE be used on plain bearings / journal bearing / bushes?
- If AE is that good why did people ever develop vibration?
- If I buy an MHC instrument how will I know it is working correctly?